Come aboard one of our boats for a special 4th of July Fireworks Display Cruise! With options for a family-friendly cruise and an adults-only party boat, Clayton Island Tours is the place to be!
- Adults Ages 13 and up
- Children Ages 5 to 12
- Youngsters Ages 4 and under
- Seniors Ages 65 and up
- Active Military and Family Please bring Valid Military ID
Grindstone Island Tour
Enjoy an intimate boat tour without stopping through U.S. and Canadian waters on the St. Lawrence River as we take you among the islands near Clayton, NY and Gananoque, a town in the Leeds and Grenville area of Ontario, Canada.
The only scheduled public tour to circumnavigate Grindstone Island, the fourth largest of the 1000 Islands, second largest American island, and the largest island not connected by bridge or ferry system to either mainland.
This two-nation tour takes you through some of the most spectacular scenery in all the Thousand Islands and a section of the river rarely experienced by most visitors. Cruise around mysterious Grindstone Island, and the unseen islands to the north, as we meander along the international border, through some of the river’s best fishing spots, Thousand Islands National Park of Canada, and the waterfront of Historic Gananoque, Ontario. See the Admiralty and Lake Fleet Islands, pass grand island summer colonies, sites of military rebellions, and hear about the Longest Winter experienced by the stout-hearted people of Grindstone.
The only US scheduled public tour to circumnavigate Grindstone Island, the fourth largest of the 1000 Islands, second largest American island, and the largest island not connected by bridge or ferry system to either mainland.
2020 Schedule – June 20 through September 7th, 3:00pm
Highlights of this Tour
- St. Lawrence Seaway
- Bluff Island
- Picton Island – Stone Quarry
- Grindstone Island – Grossman Point, Rusho Bay, Picnic Point, and Canoe Point State Parks, Thurso Bay, Potters Beach, Buck Bay, Flynn Bay
- Eel Bay
- Niagara Island – Sherman Pratt House
- Endymion Island – Parks Canada
- Camelot Island – Parks Canada
- Gananoque, Ontario – Playhouse, Museum, Marina
- Hay Island – Napoleons Hat
- The Lake Fleet Islands
- The Admiralty Islands
- Whiskey Island
- Governors Island – Thousand Islands Biological Station
- Boarding takes place 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Meeting Address: 39611 Chateau Lane, Clayton, NY 13624
- FREE parking, buses, and RVs welcome
Concessions –Picnic lunches are available for any tour and may be ordered online with your tour tickets or call us at least one hour before departure and we will prepare your lunch fresh from our brand-new onsite kitchen. Come early or plan to stop by after your tour to enjoy our picnic area and made-to-order menu. All items are available to go and may be taken on-board our boats. Breakfast also available daily.
Pets are not allowed, with the exception of service animals.***
NO PASSPORT REQUIRED
OUR BOATS ARE SMOKE-FREE