Board the glass-bottomed Night Heron for an unparalleled view of underwater life in the clean waters of the St. Lawrence River. At Rock Island Lighthouse guests can climb to the top for a magnificent view…
- Adults Ages 13 and up
- Children Ages 5 to 12
- Youngsters Ages 4 and under
- Seniors Ages 65 and up
- Active Military and Family Please bring Valid Military ID
Boldt Castle Tour in Clayton, NY
Join us for the most unique and complete Boldt Castle tour experience. Enjoy an intimate boat tour as we travel the St. Lawrence River between Clayton and Alexandria Bay among many of the 1000 Islands. Our professional local guides share rich history, legends and lore as we get closer to the islands than any other tour. This tour includes views of magnificent million-dollar homes, travels under the American span of the 1000 Island Bridge System and passes Rock Island Lighthouse State Park.
At Heart Island guests have the option to take a self guided tour of millionaire George Boldt’s Castle, built as a testament of love for his wife Louise, before tragedy struck in 1904. Marvel at life in the “Gilded Age” for the wealthy who built magnificent castles and summer homes on islands as we travel through “Millionaire’s Row”
As we travel through US waters and the St. Lawrence Seaway shipping channel we may get you close to one of the great ships, “Lakers” and “Salty’s” that travel the St. Lawrence River and the Great Lakes. Our small boats provide for a personal experience with our Captain and Crew. Each of our guides has a unique, never recorded narration, and a love of sharing the River with guests.
Fall Schedule – September 8th – October 4th 10:00am, 11:00am, and 1:30pm
Highlights of This Tour Include:
- St. Lawrence Seaway shipping channel
- Round Island
- Rock Island Lighthouse on Rock Island
- Thousand Island Park
- Travel under the American Span of the 1000 Island Bridge System
- Cherry Island & Millionaire’s Row
- Devil’s Oven – hiding place of Pirate Bill Johnston during the Patriot’s War of 1837
- Hopewell Hall – summer home of George Boldt’s daughter & granddaughter
- Boldt Castle
- Boldt Castle Yacht House
- Millionaires Row
- Boarding takes place 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Meeting Address: 39611 Chateau Lane, Clayton, NY 13624
- FREE parking, buses and RVs welcome
Kay’s Kitchen – Picnic lunches are available for any tour and may be ordered online with your tour tickets or call us at least one hour before departure and we will prepare your lunch fresh from our brand-new onsite kitchen. Come early or plan to stop by after your tour to enjoy our picnic area and made-to-order menu. All items are available to go and may be taken on-board our boats. Breakfast also available daily.
No Pets are allowed, only service animals
NO PASSPORT REQUIRED
OUR BOATS ARE SMOKE-FREE