Board the glass-bottomed Night Heron for an unparalleled view of underwater life in the clean waters of the St. Lawrence River. At Rock Island Lighthouse guests can climb to the top for a magnificent view…
- Adults Ages 13 and up
- Children Ages 5 to 12
- Youngsters Ages 4 and under
- Seniors Ages 65 and up
- Active Military and Family Please bring Valid Military ID
Boldt Castle and 1000 Islands Boat Tour in Clayton, NY
Join us for the most unique and complete Boldt Castle tour experience. Enjoy an intimate boat tour as we travel over 25 unique miles among many of the 1000 Islands along the St. Lawrence River. Our professional local guides share rich history, legends and lore as we get closer to the islands than any other tour. View magnificent million-dollar homes, travel under the American span of the 1000 Island Bridge System, and pass Rock Island Lighthouse on Rock Island.
At Heart Island guests have the option to take a self guided tour of millionaire George Boldt’s Castle, built as a testament of love for his wife Louise, before tragedy struck in 1904. Marvel at life in the “Gilded Age” for the wealthy who built magnificent castles and summer homes on islands as we travel through “Millionaire’s Row.”
Departing Boldt Castle we travel US waters and the St. Lawrence Seaway shipping channel with the possibility of viewing oceangoing vessels that travel from around the world to the Great Lakes of North America. Our small boats provide for a personal experience with our Captain and Crew. Each of our crew members have a unique, never recorded presentation, and a love of sharing the River with guests.
Admission to Boldt Castle on Heart Island is not included in the price of boat tour tickets. Adult’s $11.00 and Children (5-12) $8.00 / Tickets may be purchased through our website at the time of purchasing your boat tour tickets, upon check in the day of your tour, upon arrival at Boldt Castle on Heart Island, or at www.boldtcastle.com
May 8 through June 11 / 11:00am Daily
May 29, 30, & 31 (Memorial Day Weekend) / 10:00am, 11:00am and 1:30pm Daily
June 12 through June 18 / 10:00am and 1:30pm
June 19 through September 6 / 10:00am,,11:00am and 1:30pm daily
September 7 through October 17 (Monday through Friday ) / 11:00am
September 7 through October 17 (Saturday and Sunday) 10:00am and 1:30pm
Highlights of This Tour Include:
- St. Lawrence Seaway shipping channel
- Round Island
- Rock Island Lighthouse on Rock Island
- Thousand Island Park
- Travel under the American Span of the 1000 Island Bridge System
- Cherry Island & Millionaire’s Row
- Devil’s Oven – hiding place of Pirate Bill Johnston during the Patriot’s War of 1837
- Hopewell Hall – summer home of George Boldt’s daughter & granddaughter
- Boldt Castle
- Boldt Castle Yacht House
- Millionaires Row
- Boarding takes place 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Meeting Address: 39611 Chateau Lane, Clayton, NY 13624
- FREE parking, buses and RVs welcome
Kay’s Kitchen – Picnic lunches are available for any tour and may be ordered online with your tour tickets or call us at least one hour before departure and we will prepare your lunch fresh from our brand-new onsite kitchen. Come early or plan to stop by after your tour to enjoy our picnic area and made-to-order menu. All items are available to go and may be taken on-board our boats. Breakfast also available daily.
Service Animals are allowed. Pets and ESA’s are NOT allowed.
NO PASSPORT REQUIRED
OUR BOATS ARE SMOKE-FREE
Covid-19 Restrictions/Protocols will be in place until lifted by local, state, and national authorities.
- Tour capacity will be limited to allow for social distancing
- All Guests are required to wear a mask on our grounds and on board our boats unless seated or eating/drinking.
- Guests must use Hand Sanitizer before boarding.
- The Canadian/US Border is currently closed and we will not enter Canadian Waters.
- At this time the Rock Island Lighthouse Tower is closed to visitors. The facilities and Keeper’s Cottage Museum & Gift Shop will be open for visitors and the number of guests inside at one time may be limited.
- Boldt Castle and Rock Island require face masks.