Dear Valued Customer,
Clayton Island Tours original opening date of May 9, 2020 has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our guests and staff is top priority for Clayton Island Tours and we continue to monitor the guidelines and regulations put in place by federal, state and local officials.
We are currently operating with limited staff preparing for when we can safely re-open. Our team has been developing policies, procedures and preventive measures to minimize risks.
Specific steps we are taking include but are not limited to.
- “Phased reopening,” some tour routes may be altered due to regulations and restrictions on where we may travel. (Canadian waters for example)
- “Physical distancing and capacity measures” to manage the density of people on our tours and comply with federal and state guidelines.
- “Screening and prevention support” following the guidance from the medical community and government regarding preventative measures like face coverings
- “Proper and frequent hand washing,” “thorough disinfection of food preparation surfaces before and after service,” in addition to regular sanitation of our concessions before and after service
- “Increased frequency and focus of our cleaning procedures on all vessels before and after service, in addition to our regular sanitation procedures,” with focus on high-touch areas like handrails, doorknobs, and other surfaces.
- “Provide training and awareness materials for all employees in protection measures” to go along with health and safety precautions, including staying home and away from the workplace if they are sick, respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene to go along with health and safety
- “Staying up to date on the latest developments and recommendations from federal, state and local public health officials”
We will continue to update you with additional information as it becomes available and look forward to welcoming you aboard Clayton Island Tours.
David Kay and Staff